Questions for Table Topics
Toastmaster clubs use Table Topics to get people to think on their feet.
Table topics questions help members improve:
- Communication skills in impromptu settings
- How to quickly organize and express thoughts
- Convey messages within a specific time frame - 1 to 2 1/2 minutes max.
- Become more at ease answering on-the-spot variety of open ended questions
My Table Topics
These are a few examples of Table Topic questions I've worked up to challenge members of clubs of which I am a member.
Feel free to use and share with your own clubs.
I have many more to add yet so come on back now, ya hear? :-)
- Back to School (pdf) - 10 Questions related to school, public school and education
- Questions to ask Popeye characters at a Job Interview (pdf)
- Play-Acting table Topics – Shattering Paradigms & Stereotypes (pdf)
- Visual Table Topics Pick a shape, any shape (pdf)
How to Write a 3-Part Speech
There's a Monster in My House is a speech I wrote and delivered using the Rule of Three.
In addition to the basic 3 part structure of the speech
I had a bit of fun and sprinkled repetitive group of descriptive threes (highlighted in yellow) throughout all sections.
Interested in improving your communication skills? Toastmasters is the most economical method. Toastmaster Pathways ICEBREAKER: Take a test drive